Listen to Apple Podcast
U.S. Coast Guard veteran Craig Henzel is one of the world’s leading thinkers on leadership for corporate managers in challenging times. His new book, “Leadership from the Front Lines” offers a complete strategy to protect your business in turbulent markets and take it to high levels of performance when everything seems to be falling apart.
In his book, Henzel provides a path for readers to achieve effective leadership while developing ultra-high-performing teams.
Henzel, guided by his diverse functional experience, demonstrated how leaders can get real business progress through leading from the front, radiating positive influence, and getting the most out of the employees, even in a virtual set-up.
Key Takeaways/Main Points:
In this episode we discussed….
1. “It’s leading from the front. So, you’re going to need to get out front it’s where you’ve got the best-unobstructed view of what’s ahead of you.” (10:08)
2. “Everything that comes from the book will go to veteran homelessness and solving that. So, it’s something that a number of us are serious about.” (20:44)
3. “When you’ve eliminated the root cause there, you’re never having to go back to that same old kind of broken manual processes.” (28:00)
4. “Taking a look at something end to end is always a great idea and in objectively, right? So, you’re bringing different minds to it.” (29:33)
5. “Everyone has a kind of a part to play. It’s harnessing the collective intelligence of the team. That is going to be the key.” (30:36)